I'm feelin' a little happy, a little sad, a little out of it...of course, it is 2:15 am and I just really don't want to go to bed. I'm a mess.
As a hall, we watched three episodes of Boy Meets World and one episode of Glee after the last time I wrote. Last night together. Happy + sad.
Wednesday was a little hard. I spent a good chunk of the day packing. Then Alyssa and I had to say goodbye to Esty and the boys for good (though we left cards and cake behind). Then I had to leave my hall, and I'm not gonna lie, I cried pretty hard coming down that mountain. These girls have been the biggest chunk of my life over the last nine months or so. They brought me through the hard times, and each of them is a beautiful, special, crazy individual lady. Yeah, nobody's dying, but next year will be different. The seniors will all move off campus. Brit's getting married. Molly's moving away. Diana's going to a different hall. The dynamics all change. Every once in a while, I just want to keep time where it is, and this was one of those times. But everyone is going to do awesome things this summer, and Lisa gave me our first hug. Happy + sad.
We're cute.
Rull cute.
When I finally got home, unloading the car was ridiculous. Only sad. Or maybe just tiring.
I got to spend the afternoon with Morgan on Thursday. We watched Dr. Who and New Moon and tried on clothes and did those things we do when we're together. She's my best friend/sister blend. We frustrate the heck outa each other sometimes, but we've been friends so long it doesn't even matter. Her house is my haven. In a few years, she's going to be married and she won't be at that house and we won't be like that anymore. I may be out of the country. I'll at least be out of the city. Even now, I don't really want to leave her for the summer. Sad, some happy. I mean, I do want to see her children one day.
I went shopping with my mom today. We exhausted ourselves scrambling around walmart for bug spray. She's upset that we won't be able to call each other this summer. I took my sister to Starbucks for happy hour and we spent the rest of the afternoon dancing around the pool in our bathing suits. Like, literally--dancing. It's what the Love sisters do. Tomorrow I'm doing her hair for prom. My brother got an awesome summer job--and he's going to be an amazing husband. My dad says I never cease to amaze him with my creativity. Mimi says I make her day when I give her a call. My family--I'm leaving them for the summer. Eventually I'll leave them for longer than that. Mostly sad, but happy when mom asks me to do chores.
I talked to Matt tonight. I miss him a lot. He makes me laugh. I don't know when/if I'll ever see him again (we're talking earthly bodies here). Happy + sad.
I got a haircut today that makes me look like a boy. There's about an inch of hair on my neck, and that's all. This is only....interesting.
I'm leaving the state on Sunday. I'm leaving the country on Monday. Oh my. This will be my last post on this blog before then, so goodbye all. I will be posting on my trip blog only until I get back, and then I'll pick this up again. Happy, because I'll only have one blog to keep up with.
Song of the day: Hot and Cold by Katy Perry
Laura, I will miss you very much but because I know you I also know this much is true: whomever you meet along your jounrey wil be completely, amusedly blessed. HAVE A WONDERFUL SUMMER, dearheart. I cannot wait to read about Laura's Adventures in AF-REE-KA!!
ReplyDeleteGo with God, sweet girl. xoxoxox Esty for all here