Word of the day: pumpkin. Sometimes I wish I was one--happy and round and tasty.
I never blogged about the day Kilter happened, so I've decided to do it now. Earlier that day, The Fritz sat in overflow chapel and listened to a sermon on what it means to be a man (which is extremely applicable to my life) which means that I had the manly Mulan song stuck in my head all afternoon. Actual Kilter happened that night, with Kait, Mary Claire, and I all dressed up as sisters with pigtails. First, we couldn't find the creative discovery museum (which is where Kilter was). Then we accidentally got on the interstate. Then we turned around and couldn't find it again. Then we parked several blocks away. Then we trekked all over downtown, fully clad in ridiculous clothes, to find somewhere to eat. Then we made it to the dance--alive.We had a fantastic time.
The next day, the three of us + Lisa went downtown to Coolige, where we got to watch a wedding and show off our terrible football throwing skills. My roommate is a phantom. I missed a ball, and while I unsuspectingly loafed toward it, she suddenly swooped out of nowhere and snatched it up, making me scream in sheer terror. Thank you, phantom roommate. We also discovered that Sweet Cece's froyo is DELICIOUS.
On Sunday, Nachofest happened. Because I'm on Andreas Building Council (and Andreas hosts Nachofest), my whole day pretty much revolved around it. Also, because I live on The Fritz and our theme was "Siesta Fiesta", I wore Cookie Monster pajamas for much of that time. As I ran up and down floors trying to make sure everyone had enough food to serve, I felt a little bit like a waitress and a lot a bit like a silly, sleepy, Sesame Street salsa dancer. How's that for alliteration??
Lisa says this photo kind of sums up our relationship.
Last Monday, I spent the evening laughing my rear off as some boys I babsat told me ridiculous jokes:
"What's black and white and black and white and black and white and green? Three skunks and a pickle!"
"Knockknockwhosthere??....*silent pause*....haha! I win!"
I started choir at New City, which is a nice way to get involved in the church. Because of this, I also got drafted into helping lead chapel worship on Friday. This is not the kind of thing I normally do. On Friday, we were up on stage and everyone else knew what they were doing while I continually tried to create a balance between dancing to the music and not hitting the microphone with my chin every five seconds. On the upside, I looked really pretty. And God was definitely praised.
Last weekend, Alyssa, Kait, Lisa, and I all headed up to Lisa's house for fun times. We watched a scary movie on accident (summed up in the words "happy happy space cowboy--BLARGEREHERG!!!!), almost got killed by Lisa on a golf cart, went to a chili cookoff, played five hours of poker, watched a happy movie, went to church, and had a nice quiet time on her back porch. And took a lot of hilarious pictures.
On the downside, I feel like I have lost two good friends this week. First, I lost my GBF Chris. He ended up being a lot different than Morgan and I thought he was, and we both got hurt. Second, I kind of lost Morgan. Shocker, right? I didn't even see this coming. A small disagreement came up, and all of the sudden she unleashed all these things that she had been bottling up for a long time and declared that we don't know each other like we thought we did. I guess she's right. Then she declared a friend break until I grow up. So, this past week, I felt like I went through a second breakup. Yeah, that sucks. I'm also really confused about what this means for our future, because I had all these plans and now they may dissolve.
And maybe we're both being overdramatic.
I'll just wait it out, pray about it, and concentrate on the lovely friends that I have here that are in the same stage of life I am.
My roommate has a movie set of Sunrise Earth. It's a bunch of sunrises without any commentary. Last week we watched "Moose in the Morning"--an entire hour of moose, clouds, lake, mountains, ducks, and the sunrise. It was AWESOME.
We had a really bad thunderstorm last week, and a bunch of stupid boys decided that it would be a good idea to go play football and dodge the lightning that was ON the mountain. Idiots. Well, funny idiots.
Today is officially the first day that it feels like fall. Yes: to pretty leaves and cool weather. No: to being closer to cold, miserable winter.
Song of the day that WILL NOT GET OUT OF MY HEAD: Love Like Woe by The Ready Set
My roommate has a movie set of Sunrise Earth. It's a bunch of sunrises without any commentary. Last week we watched "Moose in the Morning"--an entire hour of moose, clouds, lake, mountains, ducks, and the sunrise. It was AWESOME.
We had a really bad thunderstorm last week, and a bunch of stupid boys decided that it would be a good idea to go play football and dodge the lightning that was ON the mountain. Idiots. Well, funny idiots.
Today is officially the first day that it feels like fall. Yes: to pretty leaves and cool weather. No: to being closer to cold, miserable winter.
Song of the day that WILL NOT GET OUT OF MY HEAD: Love Like Woe by The Ready Set
No comments:
Post a Comment