Well, that's a lovely title, isn't it?
I'll explain myself. Remember when I mentioned the alien implant that has been acting up over the last month? Well, it seems to have this nasty habit of not leaving. Last weekend, it was popping up a little here and there until I felt like death on Sunday night (at my pastor's house, no less...we'll talk about that later...) Nurse Barb gave me medicine on Monday that helped straighten things out for a few days--not completely, but mostly--and I went home thinking I was getting better. Hooray, hoorah, I woke up yesterday going crap. Not literally--well, kind of--*uhm*--what I mean is that I was not feeling well. My first reaction was to call downstairs to my doctor father, "Oh father, I am feeling unwell," (that was paraphrased) and within an hour he brought me LOTS of medicine and a plethora of soup cans from Walmart. Now, the next evening, I am finally feeling almost all the way better.
Theories:
-Alien abduction.
-Satan thinks I'm fat and put me on his weight loss program.
-Immaculate conception ('tis the season, after all).
-I am slowly turning into a werewolf. Next month, I will sprout hair...everywhere.
-My belly is jealous for attention.
-I'm becoming Mrs. Claus. Transformation will be complete on Christmas Eve!
Time to change the subject. What happened at your pastor's house?!?! is now everyone wants to know. Here's what happened. I decided to go to my church's Christmas concert on the night it was destined to snow something awful. This left me stranded down the mountain, so I stayed with my friend, the pastor's daughter--which means I stayed at my pastor's house. Then the three of us watched a movie together, and she conveniently left right before the--er--dirty part of the movie. So I was left watching this couple get it on onscreen while sitting next to my pastor.
....
Then I got sick.
Anyway, Wednesday night was interesting. Lisa, Kait, and I decided to walk back after dinner around 6:30. Walking soon turned into sliding and I was suddenly wishing that I'd asked for ice skates for Christmas. Ice was pouring from the sky and the ground was like glass. It was the first time I've ever had frozen hair, making it slightly more awesome than terrifying.
I learned a lesson on Thursday that I would like to share with everyone: a good night's sleep is necessary to your survival. Got it? I only got five hours of sleep on Wednesday night (the ice was too fascinating to let me sleep) and I was sure I was going to wreck on Thursday when I drove home. It was raining, I thought the car was rocking back and forth, every semi truck wanted to eat me, and the spray off of other vehicles was blinding. On top of this, I was feeling slightly sick and my brain was going ".............."
But God thought I needed to live longer, so both Beulah and I are both here, unharmed. I think.
I was going to go ice skating today. I've wanted to go ice skating for a year. My belly said, "Not so fast, young one!" Therefore, I spent the afternoon reading my favorite book ever, ever, ever, ever....Ella Enchanted. This may be the sixth or seventh time I've read it, yet it never disappoints. It's cute, it's funny, it's substantial. I get emotionally tied up in it, burning with full-on hatred for Hattie, the evil stepsister, and falling head-over-heels in love with Char, the prince (who isn't real, I know. It's a problem.) It's an intelligent spin-off of Cinderella and, being a princess myself, I have to love it.
Did you know that Justin Bieber has three cds, and each has the words "My World" in the title? I know this because my sister just gave me "My Worlds Acoustic". There's no apostrophe in the title on purpose, I might add. It's a mixture of songs from the first two cds: "My World" and "My World 2.0", which makes for "My Worlds". This kid is more narcissistic than I am! I LOVE IT!
Now, two pictures I like. Number one: Lauramunch, Lisamunch, Fuzzymunch, and shower safety Brian Peppers.
Number two: Uno Stacko is one of the best, most nerve-racking games ever.
......What's that, belly? You say it's bedtime? Ok, that sounds good. Can I go see one of my friends tomorrow? Pleasepleaseplease?? ...We'll see? You'll get back to me in the morning? *huff* FINE.
No comments:
Post a Comment