....She didn't answer me.
So, first full day back to school and there is no school. Not to say that the school is invisible, but the campus is closed until Wednesday due to the "blizzard". What does this mean? I get to spend some extra quality time horsing around and participating in general tomfoolery. Excellent. For now, I have set aside my hatred of snow.
Today was magnificent. I woke up in my bed tent (at LAST!) and everything was glowing pink and snuggly warm. A few of us decided to venture outside into the foot+ of untouched snow and soil it by galloping/running/skipping/falling in it. A short trek turned into at least a mile hike in the treacherous woods through shin-deep snow. Mercler, the clumsy ginger with a heart problem, was not pleased. The rest of the afternoon was spent watching Gilmore Girls and eating processed foods that had been sitting in our rooms for the last month. Tonight we had a celebratory Ke$ha dance party. And tomorrow, we get a whole nother DAY. Sledding, anyone?
I was sad, of course, to leave home. I spent three days with Morgan--bridesmaid dress shopping, going to the movies, ice skating {with Jordan "the wolverine" in tow}, sitting, more sitting--another day with my friend Lacey that I haven't seen in a year, and several hours of good reading time. Right before I left the house, we had a family dance party to some of mom's sweet oldies tunes. All in all, I'd say the break was splendid, and very much a break.
I also found that fathers make good shopping partners because they are willing to buy things that moms are not, and that I despise cell phone shopping. My phone of three months broke. I went and got a new one. The new one was not a good phone. I didn't know what to do. I asked dad. Dad say, "We go get you smartphone." I say, "REALLY?!?!" Then I drooled a little bit. So, I am officially the proud new owner of a Droid, the appliance that is more giving than a boyfriend and more entertaining than my roommate {not true, Lisa, I am joking with you...maybe...}.
Oh! Lights! Thanks, Lisa!
Anyway, alien status: slowly dying...? I think...? It's hard to tell. I don't really remember the "before the alien implants" times. Fortunately, THE CLAW has not made a reappearance.
Song of the day: Cannibal by Ke$ha. In this song, she eats boys that she doesn't like. That's right--EATS them. Fortunately, I don't model all of my ways after Ke$ha.
And a few pictures...for fun.
Sisters.
My cousin Jenny.
Wolverine and Baba Larve
The ice awaits us.
When Lisa and I return, everyone flocks to our room. I'm beginning to suspect that it has something to do with the couch.
he really does resemble Wolverine...LOL
ReplyDelete