Wednesday, April 7, 2010

No More Snuggles

Word of the day: chacos, like the kind your wear on your feet. I got some on Monday and I've been obsessed ever since. I think I'd sleep in them if I could. However, they hurt my feet a lot right now, so I'm hoping that goes away soon.

Second word of the day: ubiquitous. This means being everywhere at the same time. It has nothing to do with my life, but it's a super cool word. Like, if I were going to make a new country, I would want to give it a name like that. Look out world: it's a country of UBIQUITOUS! Or maybe that would just be a really good name for the king. King UBIQUITOUS.

I'm sitting in the the Imani commons while my roommate cleans it. I'm keeping her from getting lonely.

I found out two very tragic pieces of news today about the beautiful Jacob Snuggs, a.k.a. Snuggie boy, a.k.a. Snuggles. Or that's just what I call him.
1) He's engaged (what?? He's only a sophomore!)
2) He cut his long, majestic, honey-gold locks. Yeah, now he looks like every other typical Founders boy

I'm crushed. But at least it's easier to give him now that he's not pretty anymore.

So, Easter Break was this last weekend. What was my main impression? I think there was a little too much family time. Don't get me wrong, I love my family. But those were the only people I saw the entire time. My sister has reached the age where she complains about everything and everything makes her bored. And she's always been at the age where she pokes me in squishy places and laughs because she's a stick while I'm....well, curvaceous. Not fat, but shapely.So, unlike the normal times when I come home and Audrey and I have a good time together, I spent half the break wanting to put duct tape on her mouth.

Good part of break: we did a lot of nature-y things and dad took a million and one pictures. He got a new camera that's hugemongous and I think he literally took over three hundred pictures a day. We went to Greenbrier (basically my favorite place in the Smokies), Rainforest Adventures (the wild animal zoo where my brother volunteers--we held baby rats and fed emus), Cloudland Canyon, and Sewannee. Yeah, we got lots of pictures out of all that.

Every time I watch New Moon, I fall more in love with Jacob. Or maybe that's just his abs. Oh dear...

Anyway, I rode home with Sarah and then came back up to Chattanooga on Saturday night with the family so that we could all go to New City in the morning for Easter Service. They loved it. Dad was basically dancing the whole time.

Then we went up to Winchester Sunday afternoon -> Monday afternoon. This is where more family drama developed. My uncle brought his ex-wife to the family dinner (yeah, that didn't go over well) and my thirteen year old cousin snuck off with her boyfriend to go make out--several times. Her nine year old sister was with me at the time and I kept repeating "Don't get a boyfriend til you're out of high school. Boys are bad. Leave them alone til you grow up. Don't sneak off with boys...." Why did I do this? Because I like Lorianna. She's a cool kid. Her make-outy sister, however, is gross and called my sister a b**ch over text messages. *rolls eyes*. On the bright side: Grandaddy's dog is really cute and we bought lots of fun toys at Hammers and got to see Jonanne and her girls again.

There are only 28 days left in the school year. This is really, really sad. I'm not ready for the Fritz to be over, and it almost is. That, and it means that there are only 33 days left til I go to AFRICA. AAAHHH!!!

I have been pleasantly surprised in CHOW class lately. Remember the guy who chewed his nails in class and spit them on the floor? Apparently he's smart. I don't understand.

Today, chapel was awesome. Ironically enough, it had nothing to do with the songs or the message. I think it was only great because the people on both sides of me were being VERY silly and because Messner made fun of himself on stage.

You know what I hate about technology? Oftentimes, more things go wrong with it than right. Monday night, Christina, Amy, and a few others filmed a video for Tech for Educators (a chapter from The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe--and I was Susan). Yesterday afternoon, we spent about three hours trying to get it onto a computer, from which we spent about forty-five minutes actually editing it.

Yesterday, one my kindergartners spotted a ring on my right pointer finger and stopped in the middle of his reading to say "Are you married?" Yes, Isaac, I'm married to Jesus :) Then I spent all of recess time holding Brown the horse for Kenzie so that she could play tag. Brown and I had a splendid time yelling at all the children.

Covenant College is a much more pleasant place to be when the sun is shining.

Song of the day: Don't Forget by Demi Lovato

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura~
    (intentionally using your name because you like it)
    *Elmo in Grouchland is a great movie, right? Right? I know, right? Vanessa Williams as the Queen of Trash and Mandy Patinkin as the villian? Dude. Priceless.
    *that LEGO Christmas book creeps me out.
    *maybe your JacobSnuggles/JacobNewMoon thing is connected. Not a huge leap there.
    *lave cakes? lave cakes??? I LOVE LAVE CAKES!!!I wanna go out for lava cakes, too!!!
    *so maybe before Uganda? Possible dates for this Alyssa-Laura-Esty outing?
    *I serioulsy love your descripstion of your sister. Is she 15? I can almost see her.
    *your talent is ubiquitous.
    :) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete