Word of the day: birthday. Yeah, well, my birthday was two days ago, but whatever. I figure it's time to write about it because 20 is a pretty big birthday.
It all began on the 5th, when I suddenly went whoah, this is my last day as a teenager. What do I do? The first thing on the agenda, of course, was to listen to teenie bopper music while I was in the shower. Excellent. Then Audrey and I went out to "go to the bank". Yes, we did go to the bank, but first we took a side trip to McDonald's for smoothies and screamed to Ke$ha music all the way through the drive-thru, with the windows down of course. And, after the bank, we took another side trip to Walmart just for fun. They had three different sections with UT shoes in them! THREE! It was disgusting. Too much tacky orange.
I puttered around after that, bored, until Tori showed up. We Redboxed Leap Year and Valentine's Day, so by the time we were finished I felt like I was in love...but I'm not sure who with. Between movies, we made brownies--at 2 am. Thank goodness mom n dad weren't home.
Of course, we woke up at noon the next day, which means it was time for breakfast. Tori and I made really, really awesome pancakes.
Fast-forward two hours to find us at the Tin Roof coffee shop with Rejoice and Jordan. We spent over an hour playing a question game. We discussed whether or not we would want to know the date of our death and what the worst hairdo we ever had was. DEEP.
Then back home where my pool was waiting. Only Jordan and Daniel actually went swimming, but they soaked me with water guns while I danced around the pool. Jordan also pushed me into the landscaping and I cut my toes up.
Morgan showed up, Rejoice left, and we had the traditional family-friend-pizza-dinner AND homemade chocolate ice cream YUM. Oh yeah--and I got some presents--the Amanda show, Jesus Storybook Bible, a coffeemaker, and all the sheet music to Pride & Prejudice. Needless to say, I was *thrilled*. Audrey also made me a balloon Flounder, Triton, and Merdog because I love The Little Mermaid so much. And I wore a crown. Yay me.
After that the four of us headed up to Gatlinburg while playing the ipod game. I profusely recommend this game for people who want to laugh a lot. In Gatlinburg, we played with hermit crabs, scared people in a mirror maze, sat at a hobbit table at Donut Friar, played DDR, and watched moonshine distilling.
We got home, Tori left, and the rest of us stayed up watching the Amanda Show and laughing HYSTERICALLY.
And.....yeah, that's about it. Hey, I'm 20 now and I'm about to start my junior year. AWESOME.
And I'm really mature.
Song of the day: Love Song by Sara Bareilles. I refuse to write you one.


No comments:
Post a Comment