Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Heart is Melting

Word of the day: Kazakh. I love Kazakhs. Or at least my Kazakhs.

This blog won't be terribly long, because whoa I need sleep and I have all these things to do tomorrow. Yeah.

So here I will make a list of all the little things I want to talk about that tugged my heart this week:

1) My GBF, Christopher. He's had a $#@%$@^ week and really, really needs to get out of the situation he's in...but that's easier said than done. I've only known this guy for a month and I already love him to death. It hurts to watch. On Wednesday, Morgan and I watched The Princess Bride with him, and today I took him a hot fudge milkshake because of his $#%#*($ week. I really just want to stick him in my Covenant closet and keep him. I think he's made of cotton candy and sunshine.

2) My best friend Morgan. I wish she and Chris both lived in my closet at Covenant. We've stayed up too many nights this month giggling like 10-year-olds. And she's probably gettting married next year. AAH.

RAPTOR.

3) My university students. Thursday, I took Nargiz from Azerbaijan and Maria from Russia to Gatlinburg for mini golf, Ripley's, and donuts.

YUM. But on my way home after dropping them off, I just started crying. Nargiz is Muslim and Maria doesn't know very much about Jesus. Will I see them again? I don't know. And there's really nothing I can do about it. And that really sucks. They are such sweet, precious girls.

I also learned how to be super flexible. On Friday, Julia called to ask for a ride to Knoxville on Saturday that ended up taking all afternoon. I just kept saying "semper gumby, semper gumby, semper gumby...."

Today, I stole my Kazakhs--Azamat and Daulet--for the day. Both of them are also "Muslim", but I managed to get them to come to church with me (even though we were half an hour late...I went to their apartment to pick them up and Azamat comes stumbling out..."Hello Lora. What time is it? Oh, I think we will be late. Ten minutes...") That afternoon dad n' mom took us up to Clingman's Dome--the boys' first time in the park. Azamat couldn't stop smiling and Daulet kept singing Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber songs. I had an absolutely delightful time.


Daulet, me, and Azamat. Also known as coffee and milk, because they are African compared to me. I made them a cd of fun American songs we like together and a card to go with it, and afterwards Azamat wrote, "yeah, when I read coffee - milk - coffee, it's so nice, i can't find a ward to explane what I feel"
--ok, my heart just melted a bit.

4) My sister. She's tall and gorgeous and boy crazy and only a high school freshman. She came to Knoxville with me Saturday, and we pretty much spent the entire ride there and back talking about boys and what not to do in relation to boys. Example: if attractive senior boy puts you on a "hot" list, don't let him come after you. She already knows this, I just wanted to pound it in more. I pray that our relationship stays like this through high school, because I want to keep her away from any serious trouble--she is my little sister, after all.

5) I'm tired of saying goodbye to people I'm never going to see again with my human eyes. I'm ready to be settled on The Fritz again. And yes, that's happening in TWO DAYS. 

Song of the day: Party in the USA. With Kazakhs.

No comments:

Post a Comment