Thursday, October 21, 2010

Breaking fall, and cars.

My roommate is gone and it's terribly quiet in here. Too quiet. She'll be back in a little bit, with everybody else....but this is weird. I'm almost expecting a ninja to pop out of ceiling any moment, just as another one of her cruel tricks to make me scream. She was gone all last night, which was awfully creepy, because this is a big room with a lot of shadows and noises. I tried sleeping with a night light on, but it was red and I felt like I was lying in hell. Then I turned it off and pulled the covers over my head to protect myself from the goblins in my room that only come out when I'm alone in the dark. YIKES. Needless to say, if I ever have an apartment on my own, I am adopting four cats and three dogs so I'm not by myself....

Word of the week: Fall Break. Or lack thereof, as it is actually OVER.

I'm going to back up a night before fall break.

Every once in a while, my roommate and I have these really crazy, but not drug-induced nights (unless someone slipped something into my cereal...) Anyhow, it all started with an evening of the second Harry Potter movie. This turned into a game of figuring out how to rearrange everyone's names into something epic, like Tom Marvolo Riddle does with "I am Lord Voldemort". We came up with stuff like, "I am lil' Leech Sna'ell" and "I am Loony Trek" and "I am Blue Gray Carrot". Mine was "Larve, u so real." [which is funny because Larve is what Lisa and Alyssa call me] ANYWAY, around midnight, everyone left and Lisa and I went wacko, beginning with Lisa's idea to go into Kait and Amy's room: "Ok, I'll be the t-rex and you be the pterodactyl" leading to "I'm a rap artist!" to "I MOLTED." to "I can speak BLIND language!" to "I'm an origami lotus flower, I blossom, and I die" to "There's a koala in the couch!" to "What if everybody walked around like a zombie---like this..." to going to bed around 2 am. It's like being freshmen all over again, but with a more tired feeling when you wake up in the morning.

The next day, I took Emma St. John home for fall break. We had a splendid time. We went to Rainforest Adventures, where she almost peed her pants holding a snake. We went to {gorgeous} Cades Cove and decided where our house, church, and barn were, who our future husbands would be, and what we would do with our lives (eat turkey, ride bears, wear bonnets, birth babies, etc.) I took her to Gatlinburg, where we had {delectable} donuts and someone parked behind our car, meaning that we couldn't get out for a good thirty minutes and had to listen to a {LOUD} bluegrass concert. We ate some food at the Tin Roof cafe with {hilarious} Jordan Mitchell and got 0 studying done, regardless of our high goals. We also watched The Princess Diaries, Babies, Driving Miss Daisy, Jonas LA, and a lot of Justin Bieber youtube videos.

Beulah was at the car hospital three out of five of those days. They changed her oil, gave her new wheel bearings, and put on new brake pads (which was an accident--so I got those for free!). But, when I drove out of the parking lot,  I tried to go straight and ended up turning right--YIKES steering wheel misalignment. So I had to take her back...and then they had to drive her somewhere else to get fixed....and we didn't leave for another two hours....and Beulah was very, very upset.

Our room finally has a rug, thanks to TJ Maxx. But I still need to go shopping this weekend, because green chacos don't match very well with purple toes.

Fall doesn't actually appeal to me very much because I don't enjoy being cold or having to wear clothes. In fact, I would love to live in a world where I had to do neither of those things.

My roommate isn't back yet. I may need to go out and buy a kitten soon.

Song of the day: Jesse's Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment