Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Fantastic Weekend of March 2011


This is what I imagine Vinny looks like, but a bit meaner. He and I are on bad terms. As of last week, I tried to make him offerings of a new medicine that was fan-tastic at first, but five days into it Vinny got bored and gave me arrhythmia. Thanks, Vin. I switched back to less effective medicine and he started going to town on me again every few hours. Now it is a matter of finding whatever triggers him.

Stress?
Acid?
Gluten?
Anything nice?

I started a gluten diet a few days ago to see if it would help and it will be a few more weeks before I know if it works. Do you know what has gluten in it? ALL THINGS THAT ARE GOOD TO EAT. For a cereal-addict, that is a problem.

You know what, though? Even though I've hated it, this week has made me closer in my walk with God. On the night when my heartburn wouldn't stop and everyone else was eating chocolate chip cookies, I had to stop myself from writhing in self-pity and say, "I don't know what's going on with my body, God, but for some reason you've restricted me from getting what I want." (ha, listen to that. When does he ever do things like that? HA!) "I have to trust that you know what you're doing." ...So even though this stresses me out to the point of tears (when can I eat? what can I eat? did I take my medicine? what is triggering it this time? when will I have time to exercise and de-stress?), I have to see that an enforced fast may be a good thing. However, watching everyone else eat chocolate cupcakes today was rough...

Apart from that, this weekend was awesome and will forever be know as "The Fantastic Weekend of March 2011".

NIGHT ONE: My sister's 15th birthday party.


Me, five high school girls, and a minivan with blaring music. A skating rink with men who leered at any girl over the age of 20 without kids (namely, me). "Decaf" Starbucks drinks for them. UTTER EXHAUSTION by ten o' clock for me.


And they loved it.

NIGHT TWO: Fritz Formal


We classy ladies of The Fritz decided to ditch Spring Formal and go out on our own. Fancy dresses, Olive Garden (where virtually everything has flour in it...POO), the mall, Tangled at the cheap theater, and Disney music all the way home. 




Tremendously good time. 

NIGHT (well, afternoon) THREE: Bridal shower. 


Shelly lived on the hall last year and now she's getting married (like half of Covenant campus). So we showered her. Some fun girly games, a tad bit of awkward conversation, and some good finger foods. 


She'll definitely be using this wine bottle holder from The Fritz....especially since she won't be on contract anymore. 

ALSO. I found a house for next year! I'll be living with a couple girls (one of whom I was in Uganda with...YAY) one minute down the road from campus in a quaint yellow house with a dog. This should be lovely. 

And now to begin another week of "God knows what he's doing, Laura. Promise."

2 comments:

  1. 1. I am so sorry that Vinny is still plaguing you. I am praying that the cause will be found SOON. I am encouraged that you are clinging to the Lord though, that is wonderful.
    2. You got a house?! YAY! I am so so happy for you! And you get a dog, now I am just jealous! I want a pooch so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. That picture of Vinny is way too cute to be a pro pro for him
    2. Pictures of me in the post: not so good
    3. Agreed! Best weekend Ever! (so far this semester??)

    ReplyDelete