Homework.
That insidious, ironic, evil thing that I plan to burden young children with for the rest of my life. I am tired of it. So here we are, near the end of the semester, taking a two-second breather before diving in again.
And, because it's been ten thousand years since I last updated, we're simply going to do some snapshots of my life.
1. Andreas Building Leaders Retreat. Fun fun fun out in the woods until BAM--it's three am, my heartburn is going crazy, I am in a leaky tent, and it's raining cats and dogs. By 5 am, the rest of the girls in the tent were up and whining about the wet all over us, so we rolled up our gear and hiked a half-mile back to the cars through the trees and thunder. There we waited until the gates to the campground were open and we high-tailed it out of there. Anyway, here is a picture of us while we were still happy.
2. Fritz Retreat. A weekend full of golf carts, bathing suits, roller blades, ice cream, and silly girls.
3. Andreas VS. This involved each hall of Andreas playing games on a tarp covered in water and baby oil. The Fritz didn't win the Golden Lampstand trophy, but we had the most team spirit by far. See the wet all down my shirt? That's a mixture of water, baby oil, orange fanta, and sweat. Mmmm.
4. Free Cone Day at Ben & Jerry's--which was also the same day as Twin Tuesday, which was the second day of Matcher's Week in room 424 of The Fritz (in other words, my roommate and I wore matching shirts for several days in a row. On purpose.)
5. Amy, you'll have to forgive me, but this is such a classic picture I couldn't resist--it makes me laugh every time. I've really enjoyed my time with this young lady who looks like Ariel from The Little Mermaid (when she's not smiling hysterically with a cat in the background).
6. Random sculptures have been popping up around campus. This one in the mailroom is my favorite.
7. I found out that Vinny and I share a soul connection. When I'm upset, he's upset, and when I'm happy, he's happy. Yes, folks, stress actually does make you sick, and getting away from it can make you better. I've discovered that sleep (that rare and glorious gift), exercise, eating less, and chill music are good for me, and when I use them my acid reflux goes away. It's fantastic. And no, I do not have a picture for this.
There are only 2 1/2 weeks left in the semester.
I'm chest-deep in the H-word.
I'm trying to savor the last few weeks I have with my roommate, my bed tent, my giant handicap shower, and room 424.
And Easter is almost here.
Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.
Time goes by so fast it's almost heinous.


No comments:
Post a Comment