Discipleship Focus starts tomorrow.
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
My bags are not packed, my clothes are not washed, my shopping is not done, and I have a list of stuff that needs to be crossed off before I can take the ten-minute drive to the campground where I will be living for the rest of the summer. I. AM. SO. READY.
My May-time adventures have been sweet, though. In the last few weeks I have:
-prepared for, gone to, and teared up at my brother's graduation.
-given a Mongolian boy my number.
-gone on a family hike and held hands with my sister as we chatted, sloshing through the mud and rain.
-seen my missionary aunt and uncle for the first time in three years.
-gone to a benefit concert thrown by two of my friends.
-made a lot of coffee, the fancy way.
-been swimming roughly every other day.
-turned two shades darker than my regular peach color.
-been shopping. A lot.
-had homemade ice cream.
-shared laughs and heartaches with dear friends.
-watched an infomercial for the genie bra. ("Bra-vo, genie bra!")
-written a book entitled "Puppy Laura and Lisa Lion's Fun Party"
-mailed a package to my kids in Uganda.
-babysat little second cousins who I had never met.
-seen the new Pirates movie.
-finished two scrapbooks.
-read Peter and the Starcatchers and A Little Princess.
-been awesome.
But now it's time to get on with things. A job, fifty new friends, dance parties all the time, ultimate frisbee, hiking, rocking chairs, and general silliness await me for the next ten weeks. So does the chance to deepen my relationship with my Savior, which is something I have not been doing enough of lately.
I also won't have a laptop for ten weeks, so I'm not sure how this blog will come along. Oh well.
Let the fun begin!
Bravo, genie bra! Bravo! lol! Have fun!!
ReplyDelete