Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Limbo

I'm in limbo. 

No, not the embarrassing kind with that stupid stick that my inflexibility will never allow me to win. Limbo is that place between places and it's really not a bad place to be. It's been 20 days since we were told to leave school and there are 14 days left until Discipleship Focus begins. What's this mean for Laura? A plethora of coffee dates, sleepovers, princess books, and being broke.

Oh, and a lot of time with my mom. The one in the middle--that's her. Usually she's not quite so gangster, but I thought it would show you a more interesting side of her personality.


My mom is the person you want to have around when you're making a joke, because she will laugh at anything. ANYTHING. She's usually pretty sweet and mild and gets excited easily. There are a lot of times when she is unintentionally funny. For example:

"Do you like tomatoes? Dad can't eat tomatoes....I miss tomatoes."
"That cat is weird--like it's been smoking crack or something."
(hold on--my mom knows what crack is??)

I've also had a lot of quality time with my sister (who is tall). 


Notice the word "quality" here. Our time together usually consists of her talking a lot and me pretending to listen. This time, we've had meaningful interaction. YES! Mom is determined to keep her away from boys in high school at any cost, and I am determined to help her make wise decisions concerning boys by telling her about my own past mistakes. 

And I'm having a lot of time with Morgan, especially since she is parent-less for ten days and needs a supervisor....even though I'm younger than she is....

And we do stuff like this:




These are the books I've read since being home:




And these are some of the movies I've watched:

  

I'm such a grownup. 

Of course, I've done more than sit around. I've visited friends, gone hiking, had dinner with Thai students, cleaned and organized (well, kind of), done my sister's hair for a banquet, gone shopping for summer clothes, finished two scrapbooks...and some other stuff. Most importantly, I've enjoyed spending time with the people I love, getting a summer break with them before my summer really begins. 

Without this dumb thing:



1 comment:

  1. You totally are, you're SUCH a grownup ;) Like, totally you are, like, Miranda Cosgove.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete