Lent starts today. I'm not really sure why, but as soon as I think of lent, I imagine lentils, which go in soup. But that really has nothing to do with Lent, except that there is an absence of lentils in Lent. Well, for me specifically, an absence of all foods after 9 pm. And now that I have restricted myself in this way, I am automatically VERY hungry right now. Which is why I will now distract myself by expatiating on my life.
College students do this thing where they stay up insanely late the night before a test. I have done this twice in less than a week, both last night and last Thursday night. I did well on last week's tests, but not so much on the CHOW test today (it's because I spend my class periods observing all the interesting people in my class and do all the readings the night before!). After a while, Locke and Hobbes and all those blokes start to sound very alike. However, I have decided that Blaise Pascal is the man! But, because Lisa took the CHOW book, I can't quote him here. In any case, 4 1/2 hours of sleep in one night is insufficient for anybody.
Last night the hall was INSANE, which is the reason I got so little sleep. I don't even know what was so funny! We just kept stealing each other's stuff, at one point Lisa's light was going on and off because Alyssa stole the clicker, Brian Peppers disappeared, there was underwear on Laura Main's door, and she was in a tussle on the floor over hair chopsticks. Oh, and there was a Lauralisa dance party thrown in there, behind a locked door right before quiet hours. The insanity continued today, as well, as is shown by this photo:
Yes, that is Laura Main inside of a garbage bag. After this, we dragged her up and down the hall yelling, "Christmas present!"
It's not a wonder that things never get done. But these kinds of things are far more interesting.
Friday, I should have listened to my mother, who is full of much good advice and wisdom. Let me expatiate. She told me not to drive to Atlanta because of snow, but I did anyway. It was one of the scariest drives of my life, I'm not going to lie. This was not helped by the fact that had only had 4 1/2 hours of sleep the night before, two tests that morning, and was full of caffeine. Honestly, the snow was definitely drivable, but I was paranoid.
However, I did have a fun weekend. Grace and I made scones, had sushi, and ate amazing Spanish food and ice cream and...wait, we did do stuff other than food, I promise! We watched the whole first season of Big Bang Theory, which is expatiatingly (that isn't really a word, I just want to throw it in) HIlarious. We went shopping and got amazingly cheap skirts. And yes, I did get to meet lots of new people, proving that my sweet, nerdy cousin actually does have many friends, however nerdy they may also be--I mean, they are all from Georgia Tech, after all. :p I'm only judging them because their smartness gives me an inferiority complex...just let me play with play-do and leave you guys to the math, mmk?
Oh, hey, here's a picture from when Morgan and I ate tremendous amounts of brownie batter:
Valentine's Day was alright this year. To be honest, it didn't manage to top last year's Valentine's, even though we still had a good time. I suppose there are some things I'm not used to doing single, and I was very cranky on this February 14th. However, we still had a chocolate fountain and I did snuggle with my darling Jacob Snuggie while watching Ever After, which is an excellent film. Oh, and we did play hallway frisbee and laughed til we fell on the floor. Come to think of it, Valentine's wasn't half bad....
School was out on Monday, therefore we watched Willow and I knitted. Willow is a RIDICULOUS movie. I will expatiate on it no more.
My Uganda support letters are going out tomorrow! I can't tell you how much trouble I've gone to putting those puppies together, but I suppose it's worth it just to tell them what God will be doing in my life this summer. I'm getting super stoked. I watched the Invisible Children documentary last night, and my heart was absolutely pulled. I just hope I can minister to lots of children in Uganda.
I have decided that I want to memorize Romans 8, or at least put it up in the shower to study. Maybe I should check this with my roommate and suitemates...after all, it is also their shower...
One more photo, for fun. This is what Britney and I do when chapel goes too long--we make finger dinosaurs:

It's not a wonder that things never get done. But these kinds of things are far more interesting.
Friday, I should have listened to my mother, who is full of much good advice and wisdom. Let me expatiate. She told me not to drive to Atlanta because of snow, but I did anyway. It was one of the scariest drives of my life, I'm not going to lie. This was not helped by the fact that had only had 4 1/2 hours of sleep the night before, two tests that morning, and was full of caffeine. Honestly, the snow was definitely drivable, but I was paranoid.
However, I did have a fun weekend. Grace and I made scones, had sushi, and ate amazing Spanish food and ice cream and...wait, we did do stuff other than food, I promise! We watched the whole first season of Big Bang Theory, which is expatiatingly (that isn't really a word, I just want to throw it in) HIlarious. We went shopping and got amazingly cheap skirts. And yes, I did get to meet lots of new people, proving that my sweet, nerdy cousin actually does have many friends, however nerdy they may also be--I mean, they are all from Georgia Tech, after all. :p I'm only judging them because their smartness gives me an inferiority complex...just let me play with play-do and leave you guys to the math, mmk?
Oh, hey, here's a picture from when Morgan and I ate tremendous amounts of brownie batter:
Valentine's Day was alright this year. To be honest, it didn't manage to top last year's Valentine's, even though we still had a good time. I suppose there are some things I'm not used to doing single, and I was very cranky on this February 14th. However, we still had a chocolate fountain and I did snuggle with my darling Jacob Snuggie while watching Ever After, which is an excellent film. Oh, and we did play hallway frisbee and laughed til we fell on the floor. Come to think of it, Valentine's wasn't half bad....
School was out on Monday, therefore we watched Willow and I knitted. Willow is a RIDICULOUS movie. I will expatiate on it no more.
My Uganda support letters are going out tomorrow! I can't tell you how much trouble I've gone to putting those puppies together, but I suppose it's worth it just to tell them what God will be doing in my life this summer. I'm getting super stoked. I watched the Invisible Children documentary last night, and my heart was absolutely pulled. I just hope I can minister to lots of children in Uganda.
I have decided that I want to memorize Romans 8, or at least put it up in the shower to study. Maybe I should check this with my roommate and suitemates...after all, it is also their shower...
One more photo, for fun. This is what Britney and I do when chapel goes too long--we make finger dinosaurs:
It's ok, our speaker wasn't particularly interesting that day anyway.
You know what's awesome? When Starbucks guys give you free scones. And getting emails from friends in Ukraine. And eating peanut butter. And listening to the same great song over and over again. Annnnd....my life. Thank you, Lord.
Song of the day: whatever Lisa kept playing over and over. If you wish to know, you can ask her to expatiate.
You know what's awesome? When Starbucks guys give you free scones. And getting emails from friends in Ukraine. And eating peanut butter. And listening to the same great song over and over again. Annnnd....my life. Thank you, Lord.
Song of the day: whatever Lisa kept playing over and over. If you wish to know, you can ask her to expatiate.
No comments:
Post a Comment