Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sparkly Tattoos

Word of the day: free. As in free food, which I have had a lot of in the last few days.

Sunday, Lisa shared her chicken salad with me for free. Well, I mean, I did de-meat the chicken which was uber-gross, so I guess I maybe-sorta deserved it.Wow, I just used three hyphens in one sentence. Then yesterday was free pizza & ice cream cake at Mellow Mushroom, so I had half a medium pizza and roughly three pieces of delicious ice cream cake (yeah, we worked the system on that one. By the third piece it was going something like this-- Ice cream lady: "Your waitress sent you up here??" Diana (in lying man-voice): "Um, yeah..."). Then tonight was free pancake night at Ihop, so guess where the Fritz went for dinner.

We have done a lot of growing things in water here lately. Lisa recently decided that we should grow her grow-a-boyfriend and he's about five inches tall now. Multiply that by about fifteen and you have the ideal boyfriend. Then Laura Main decided that it would also be a good idea to grow her little sponge-in-a-pill creatures, so we now have lots of tiny sponge farm animals and monsters that were grown in water. Lovely.



This is Dick, our boyfriend in a bottle.

Guys, can we go to the beach? I want to go right now.

This weekend was gorgeous. I spent the majority of it out on the veranda with a pair of Morpheus-sunglasses on. I read almost the entirety of The With of Blackbird Pond on Saturday. It is one of the most intense fifth-grade books ever. Unfortunately, some boys came out on the veranda, meaning that I had to go inside and put on more clothes... :( Sunday, however, I was prepared and got to stay outside, well-clad in some laid back trailer trash attire (as Lisa called it). But nobody got any homework because we were busy playing Boobsquare and giving the boys sparkly tattoos. Speaking of which, I got a lovely tattoo this weekend...


Yes, that is a koi fish. On my forehead. And I look like a creeper.

Hold on. Alyssa just came in....

Ok, now she's gone. Anyways, we also had our fill of Jonathan Taylor Thomas this weekend by watching Tom and Huck. I don't know how I missed out on this man-crush back in my pre-teen years, but I am now sad that I did.

Recently, CHOW class has been less interesting because I've actually been paying attention for fear that I will do as badly on my next test as I did on this one. But on Monday I was pleasantly surprised when some guy in the row over was examining himself in a webcam. Yeah, he had his webcam on and was looking at himself. During class. TOOL.

Ends up there's a guy in my Doctrine class named Jacob SNUGGS. I can't tell you how excited I was when I found out his last name was SNUGGS---like SNUGGIE. I would totally SNUGGLE with him if he didn't already have a girlfriend.

Back in second grade, I wrote an amazing piece of literature.



The girls on my hall are very appreciative of my sharing this piece of literature with them. Here is a glimpse of the inside:



Best book in the history of EVER.

Lessons to learn from Biology:
  • I'm not gonna die of prostate cancer
  • Peanut butter is bad
  • I should have lots of kids asap to decrease my chances of getting breast cancer
  • God is really cool
I want a puppy.

Friday was awesome. Molly, Lyssie, Lisa, Laura, and I went down the mountain for sushi and fun things. I love this picture:

My roommate is awesome. Yes, she made that face on purpose.

That night, I watched Thumbelina and The Secret of Nimh with Emma and Bonnie. Thumbelina is one of my favorite movies ever and The Secret of Nimh is TERRIFYING. And it's a cartoon kids movie!

Things I would like to do right now: color a picture, jump on a trampoline, eat a bowl of ice cream, have a fairy magically do my laundry for me, and cuddle.

Rousseau said that the best way to be happy is to narrow the gap between desire and power. In other words, desire what you are capable of getting. This is something I've had to teach myself more in the aftermath of Valentine's Day. Hey, there isn't a man in my life right now like there was this time last year, but there probably will be someday, and I should look at what I've got going now, which is awesome. This is God teaching me contentment. And guess what? In two days, I will have been single for eight months! It's just a little difficult still sometimes, even after eight months. Especially when the Covenant message is constantly MARRY MARRY MARRY. Stop this! Can I be nine again and just be content with having a crush on the red power ranger?!

Song of the day: Prayin' for Daylight by Rascal Flatts. Yes, I do occasionally do country.

No comments:

Post a Comment