Oh! N'sync song!
So here we go, phrase of last week: "lack tose and tolerant". Also known as a condition in which you lack your necessary tose and are tolerant of everything--except milk.
Word of this week: ice. But everyone who lives on the mountain should know this.
Oh! The Soggy Bottom Boys...? Downloading other people's songs can be interesting...especially when you put your ipod on shuffle....the man is yodeling....song change time...
ANNOUNCEMENT!
I finally found out where God wants me to go this summer----you ready? UGANDA! All my friends know this already, but I felt that I should double announce it. Of course, I have to put my application in, but since it's through Covenant, I'm pretty sure all you have to do it sign up. It's a ten-week internship. The first week is living with a Ugandan family and the rest of it is working in a Ugandan school. I know, it sounds scary. I hadn't really given thought to Africa, at least not for this summer. But now I'm really excited. And ten weeks will give me the opportunity to go through the stages of culture shock for better missions experience, since, you know, I kind of committed to long term missions. Ten weeks is nothing. Sad part: no texting for 2 1/2 months.... *sigh*....
The snow this weekend was INSANE. I didn't know it was coming until the night before, and I didn't think it would be bad. Then, at 11:45 on Friday, they shut down classes, and they never do that. Michelle, Laura, Brit, and I had already planned to stay at Michelle's sister's house for the weekend to house-sit, but we weren't planning on going down right after lunch. It was even dangerous then and we were slipping and sliding on the road. Unfortunately, Molly, Lyssie, Lisa, Kait, and Amy had decided to "beat the snow" to Walmart, not thinking about coming back up. So they got snowed in with us Friday night :) We played games, watched Friends, ate lots of homemade food, and took the dog out to pee far too many times. Here was my favorite picture from the weekend:
Oh dear. N'sync is telling me to find a bad boy.
Anyway, there were nine girls stuck in a three-bedroom house. Well, more like two-bedroom. And most of those girls had no jammies. Over the course of the weekend, I ate muffin, brownie, and cookie batter, as well as the baked products of that batter. I also took five videos of the hall playing Mafia... speaking of which, I was the first to die in our semester-long game. I was taken aback...apparently mafia members snuck up on me taking a walk early in the morning and beat me with shovel. Then I crawled out of the snow and died of blood loss. Now I'm depressed.
When I came back to campus, it was the most magical thing I'd ever seen. Everything was covered in ice--it was like being on another planet. Therefore, I took a ridiculous amount of pictures. Like this one:
Oh man, now it's a Boys II Men song. BAHAHAHA. No, Boys II Men, I will not give you another chance. Now, stop whining at me. *changes song* Mmmm...Josh Groban. He has inspired me to find a man who can sing.
So, I thought that I would share about the goings-on of my CHOW class. I feel that A) I cannot pay attention because it's right after lunch. B) I cannot pay attention because I often haven't done the readings (I do those before the test...). C) That Covenant picked the strangest bunch to be in that class with me. Because of these factors, I often write myself notes in that class (sign of desperation). Those notes are about the people I observe in that class. I will describe a few to you:
We watched the 6th Harry Potter last night. Lisa and I were both wearing our snuggies (she still hates the name "Shania" and I don't care) and she was literally quoting the movie. The only movie I can really quote is Lion King, and it's been out forever. My roommate has fierce talent. And looks hilarious when she's flapping her snuggie around.
My regular babysitting job is real great. Well, as far as I can tell after three times. Leila (yeah, now I actually know how to spell it) is ten and Anna is six. Last time, we spent the first ten minutes running around the house. I was wearing a royal robe (also known as Anna's Hello Kitty blanket) and they were trying to steal it. They succeeded. They also stole my royal babies and royal pink monkey. I used a Russian accent when helping Leila practice her Russian folk song on the piano and I had her laughing so hard I thought she would pee all over the piano bench. Anna tried to wash Max the cat with a bar of soap. Then we painted nails and watched Spongebob. Last week, we went to the playground, where I ran back and forth with the children, going from "ship" to "ship" and landing on several exotic islands, such as Kookamunga, where everything is made of bubblegum.
Whoa. Lisa just showed me an insane music video. And then we looked up the college pranks. Apparently, a few years ago, First Belz was flooded with chickens right before finals. HILARIOUS. Lisa has also been showing Alyssa and me food porn. This involves pictures of baked goods that are so heavenly they actually have me lusting. For shame, Lisa.
I knitted a scarf for my mom and I'm excited about seeing her this weekend. And watching Dear John. And eating brownie batter, again.
So I actually did have time to blog recently, but I occupied it with other writings. See, I started a book back in ninth grade. I finished it, but was unsatisfied. So last year, I tried to fix it and got a lot of work done. THEN my computer crashed. I was real depressed for a couple months, but I've finally decided to just rewrite it altogether. In the last week, I've redone the first two chapters, and this time it'll be a lot easier to actually finish because I have the plot setup done.
And now I will go off and judge myself for being a nerd.
My clean clothes have been sitting here for over 24 hours. Why? Because I'm lazy.
Song of the day: Rehab by Ke$ha because Lisa is constantly getting it stuck in my head.
Anyway, there were nine girls stuck in a three-bedroom house. Well, more like two-bedroom. And most of those girls had no jammies. Over the course of the weekend, I ate muffin, brownie, and cookie batter, as well as the baked products of that batter. I also took five videos of the hall playing Mafia... speaking of which, I was the first to die in our semester-long game. I was taken aback...apparently mafia members snuck up on me taking a walk early in the morning and beat me with shovel. Then I crawled out of the snow and died of blood loss. Now I'm depressed.
When I came back to campus, it was the most magical thing I'd ever seen. Everything was covered in ice--it was like being on another planet. Therefore, I took a ridiculous amount of pictures. Like this one:
Oh man, now it's a Boys II Men song. BAHAHAHA. No, Boys II Men, I will not give you another chance. Now, stop whining at me. *changes song* Mmmm...Josh Groban. He has inspired me to find a man who can sing.
So, I thought that I would share about the goings-on of my CHOW class. I feel that A) I cannot pay attention because it's right after lunch. B) I cannot pay attention because I often haven't done the readings (I do those before the test...). C) That Covenant picked the strangest bunch to be in that class with me. Because of these factors, I often write myself notes in that class (sign of desperation). Those notes are about the people I observe in that class. I will describe a few to you:
- Red-head girl. I often become mesmerized by her hair. Not because it is red, but because she does crazy things with it. For example, one time she had three huge clips holding it up in the back. Not one, but three. I did that for wacky hair day back in high school.
- Chavante boy. He's black, and he's the one that wore a Chavante jacket to class one day. He's just really funny. He's also the one with the puppy folder. And he wore a pink shirt to class today. Does this say something about his character? I hope not.
- DREAMSTREET! No, they aren't in my class. They came onto my shuffle. Anyway...
- Douchy. No, that is not his real name, but that is what I call him. Every time this boy walks into class, I want to hit him. He's a basketball player, but not a nice one. He's the one who chews his nails and spits them on the floor. And does other homework in the class. And always has an open mouth, like a fish. Today, he came into class wearing all black, baggy clothes. I wrote to myself "Douchy is dressed like a Death Eater today!"
- Tall blonde boy with earrings in both ears. Umm....
- Sunglasses boy. This is the guy who sits in the front row with a pair of sunglasses on the BACK of his head. And I would accept this in normal context, but not when the glasses are LOOKING at me. Today, he was wearing a backwards camo hat under the sunglasses, so I had the impression that a cool, redneck duck was staring at me the entire class. After a while, it started talking. It was saying, "Hey baby, you wanna go on a date?" Every once in a while, it asked redhead girl, but only to spite me. I would've taken a picture, but then everybody might've thought I was crazy....
We watched the 6th Harry Potter last night. Lisa and I were both wearing our snuggies (she still hates the name "Shania" and I don't care) and she was literally quoting the movie. The only movie I can really quote is Lion King, and it's been out forever. My roommate has fierce talent. And looks hilarious when she's flapping her snuggie around.
My regular babysitting job is real great. Well, as far as I can tell after three times. Leila (yeah, now I actually know how to spell it) is ten and Anna is six. Last time, we spent the first ten minutes running around the house. I was wearing a royal robe (also known as Anna's Hello Kitty blanket) and they were trying to steal it. They succeeded. They also stole my royal babies and royal pink monkey. I used a Russian accent when helping Leila practice her Russian folk song on the piano and I had her laughing so hard I thought she would pee all over the piano bench. Anna tried to wash Max the cat with a bar of soap. Then we painted nails and watched Spongebob. Last week, we went to the playground, where I ran back and forth with the children, going from "ship" to "ship" and landing on several exotic islands, such as Kookamunga, where everything is made of bubblegum.
Whoa. Lisa just showed me an insane music video. And then we looked up the college pranks. Apparently, a few years ago, First Belz was flooded with chickens right before finals. HILARIOUS. Lisa has also been showing Alyssa and me food porn. This involves pictures of baked goods that are so heavenly they actually have me lusting. For shame, Lisa.
I knitted a scarf for my mom and I'm excited about seeing her this weekend. And watching Dear John. And eating brownie batter, again.
So I actually did have time to blog recently, but I occupied it with other writings. See, I started a book back in ninth grade. I finished it, but was unsatisfied. So last year, I tried to fix it and got a lot of work done. THEN my computer crashed. I was real depressed for a couple months, but I've finally decided to just rewrite it altogether. In the last week, I've redone the first two chapters, and this time it'll be a lot easier to actually finish because I have the plot setup done.
And now I will go off and judge myself for being a nerd.
My clean clothes have been sitting here for over 24 hours. Why? Because I'm lazy.
Song of the day: Rehab by Ke$ha because Lisa is constantly getting it stuck in my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment