Sunday, March 14, 2010

Gustav

HELLO BLOG!!!

Word of the week: pancake. I both ate and felt like one.

I think this was possibly the laziest week I've ever had since I've been in college. And that's wonderful. I accomplished much, however. We'll go through the highlights.

1) I saw a lot of my high school friends. I spent a whole day with Sarah and Laurie from homeschool, which was especially good because I haven't seen either of them since their weddings. But it was weird hanging out with two married women all day--with me not being in that stage of development and all. Just a totally different perspective on life. My husband is invisible and does not influence my decisions, thank you. I also saw Bekah, Rejoice, and Tori from high school. It amazes me how different everyone's lives get after school is over...and I feel like a pink, sunny flower compared to them. Sometimes you don't see your blessings until you see others who don't have them. And sometimes it's really hard to figure out the right thing to say to help without sounding annoying. I felt like a lot of my conversations went like this:
Them: "so how's life?"
Laura: "oh, it's great! i love school, etc...how's yours?"
Them: "my life sucks. here's why...."
Laura: *crapola!*

2) I wrote. A LOT.

3) There was one day that I stayed inside the house the entire day.

4) I spent one afternoon outside in my driveway pretending to be a child. First, I drew with sidewalk chalk. Then I hit around a volleyball. Then I blew bubbles. Just me. Actually, that's a lie. My invisible husband was there also. I will provide a picture of the sidewalk chalk. It's a Lewis Carroll poem, don't ask me why it was stuck in my head.

5) I read a children's book. I also read the whole book of Joel.

6) Some Ukrainian friends came over on Friday night and kicked me out of my room, which was ok with me, I suppose. One of them, Lyuda, was from the mission trip that our church went on back in 2008, and she's in charge of the girls' youth small group there. It was AWESOME to see her! The problem, though, was that I stayed at Sarah's that night (which is usually great) and Muffin--the sweet little poodle--wouldn't shut up. I was laying in bed having fantasies of hitting the dog with a broom.

7) I painted shelves at a thrift store. They were TV shelves, meaning that there were TVs on them that were playing movies. This particular movie was "Elmo in Grouchland, USA". Excellent film. I watched the whole thing and a half.

8) I went Uganda skirt shopping at this same establishment.

9) I ate a lot of quality food.

10) I hardcore cleaned my room.

11) I made a ridiculous album for the Fritz. My favorite picture was the one in which Laura Main killed everybody:

12) I found that I'm very grouchy when awoken by any family member. 

13) I definitely had a self-dance party when everyone was gone. And no, this was not simply one of those I-just-got-out-of-the-shower-and-I'm-hopping-around-my-room-to-music dance parties (those are pretty regular), this was a full-out-headphones-in-ears-ipod-turned-up-all-the-way-leaping-across-the-balcony-pretending-you're-a-rockstar dance parties. I even danced to the Veggie Tales song "Endangered Love/Barbara Manatee" and N'Sync's "Bye Bye Bye". 

14) I belted out a Thumbelina song while sitting in a bank drive-thru.

15) I became more and more amazed at the hickness of Sevier County. The first story in today's paper--the headliner--was about a Dollar General that they are building in Seymour. A Dollar General. In New York, they get new skyscrapers. In Sevierville, we get new Dollar Generals.

16) I talked in front of church about Uganda. Always a lil nerve wracking.

17) I did 0 homeworks.

So break=good. I think it was about the right length of time, because any longer and I would've strangled someone in my family, probably. However, I still don't feel like classes are happening tomorrow. Actually, I've decided they're not. I'm sleeping in with my invisible husband. We'll call him Gustav.

Song of the day: Hello Seattle by Owl City.

Oh yes, and a picture of the time when we captured Christina for her birthday last weekend:

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I LOVE that your invisible husband was with you. Was he also there for the bleted out ByeByeBye tunes? I certainly hope so. xoxoxox Esty

    ReplyDelete