I figured it would be a good idea to update before I left for Winchester. I'm going to Jonanne and Josh's house for the weekend to escape the horrors of Spring Formal with my little cousins Rachel and Jenny. Maybe we'll have a princess ball to replace it :)
It's getting to the point in the semester where I just don't want to do anything useful. Actually, that's my entire life when it comes to school, but it has recently escalated. My roommate feels the same way--which led to the events of last night. At 9:30, Lisa said "I HAVE AN IDEA! Let's make a puppet theater with this box!!" So we cut out a box, cut up magazine, and got this:
Pronounce "Celebrity Feater" wif an English accent.
Last week, I pulled one of my kindergartners aside to have her read to me. The first thing she did was sit down, sniff, and say "You smell like you just took a bath." Why, thank you, Rebecca. And, as I was grading one of the third grader's geography worksheets, I came across this:
Question: "What is the statue of liberty wearing?"
Answer: "A sassy robe"
I busted out laughing.
Anna, the lovely six year old that I babysit twice a week, has been surprisingly cooperative recently. Last week she walked in the door and proclaimed, "I wanna finish my homework right now!" My ears nearly fell off. On a good day, usually she is only semi-difficult. There have been many great days the last two weeks. Here's Anna:
A couple days ago, I rediscovered why I enjoy working out. Why, you ask? Because, when I am on the elliptical, I simply turn on hip hop music and pretend I'm dancing. Of course, that's a little dangerous, especially when I actually do start dancing...on a moving machine....
On St. Patrick's day, Laura Main taught us how to riverdance. And we dressed Brian Peppers up like this:
He's a leprechaun.
On Monday, I babysat Esty's beautiful boys once again (and yes, Esty, I'm writing this for your entertainment :). Instead of eating dinner, the boys sat at the counter and constantly gave one another bunny ears. When they were finally "finished" with that, we watched Star Wars and I got a very interesting commentary. Then we made cushion forts, which was therapeutic in my opinion. And when it was time for bed, Ethan tried to kill me with his plastic gun, and Graham requested that we read the lego version of the Christmas story.
I mean, I guess I had a good time. Maybe a little bit.
I've been collecting quotes from Dr. Stewart (affectionately known as Stewy) in Doctrine class . Some of his Canadian colloquialisms are...cute:
- "Have you ever been to a spa?"
- "I'm not going to snow you with details, I'm simply going to use a very bright paintbrush."
- "He's not your piece of spaghetti, you know. He's doctrinal."
- "I like to have mints in church, you know, to keep me awake. Give me a sugar jolt. It seems that Eutychus didn't have any mints."
- "Rapidly, rapidly, rapidly..."
My sister got two Justin Bieber posters for her birthday.
You know what I love? I love it when people call me by my name. Except when they are angry with me. Then I'd rather them not continually repeat my name. I actually would prefer they forget it.
This week's ice cream count: Two cones in the Great Hall, two free cones at Ben & Jerry's, one free cone of Clumpie's, one bowl of ice cream in Andreas, and one whole bowl of ice cream, chocolate syrup, cake, rice krispies treats, and chocolate chip cookies on Student Appreciation Day.
I hope they have ice cream in Uganda.
And, when the hall went for free cones, we also got stuck down the mountain playing football at Sonic because someone set the fire alarm off in Andreas.
Beaulah went to the car doctor AGAIN this week because she's been crying and I couldn't figure out why. But they called today and said it was something really minor. When I go to pick her up, I'll be sure to give her a lecture about being a grown-up car. She is thirteen years old, after all.
Last Saturday = awesome. We went to Coolidge Park, flew kites, ate food, blew bubbles, and played with sidewalk chalk. Unfortunately, Molly has all the pictures.
Sometimes, I think that if I were a color, I would be pink.
Song of the week: Don't Forget by Demi Lovato. As well as everything by Ke$ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment