Cool other word that I discovered today: exegete. This is someone skilled in exegesis---also known as our chapel speaker this week.
And one more word that I have used a lot lately: excellent.
School was out today for snow. This equals no practical service for Laura Love. Excellent. I went back to sleep for a while, which was also excellent. I had the strangest dream last night too, and it was one of those dreams that I would wake up and then go back to when I fell asleep again. In this dream, I owned a baby rabbit named Jewel and kept it in my dorm room. This baby rabbit was super-cute and cuddly. She bounced around the room and sort of talked to me, in her own way, and I loved her as my own child. She kind of changed shape and color though, because soon she became a white rabbit. But I didn't care because she was my baby. Anyway, the dream skipped a year ahead. I was in a Chinese restaurant with a group of my friends, searching frantically for Jewel because the Chinese had stolen her and I was sure they were going to put her in a soup. This was the sketchiest Chinese restaurant in the world. Soon, however, we found her darting in and out of tables. She was now big and brown. I took her and hid her at a resort, where she grew into a person. Then she was gone. I began living at this resort with a group of friends, and someone (I didn't know who) was trying to find me and kill me. I hid inside the resort, which sort of looked like hell, but then I got lost in it and could never find my way back to my friends, or my baby Jewel.
The end.
I then woke up and realized that I had intense Tech for Educators homework that was due at 1. It was a lesson plan for first graders on plants, and I think I did a heck of a good job. The awesome picture that I used on my first slide:
And there was a lot of snow today. Carissa, Nicole, and I had a snowball fight with the boys in the parking lot from their window.
Last Thursday was not so excellent. Though bio lab was interesting...sort of...(watching people swab DNA out of their cheeks is always entertaining), the Uganda team was also told that there was a possibility of no trip due to unexpected circumstances. I was sleep deprived, so I couldn't really process this. Then, that afternoon when babysitting, Anna began throwing fits as so on as she got home and...well...fits just aren't pleasant at all. My verse of the day, however, was Isaiah 48:17, which says:
"This is what the LORD says--your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'"
I knew that He would do what was best for me. And I was ok with that.
On Sunday, then, we had another team meeting, and found that God works things out (who knew??). The interns are still going to Mbarara, but the rest of the team is going to the capital city, Kampala, to do other work. And I found out something else. We're going to be taking MOTORCYCLE CABS around the city while we're there. Yeah, part of my trip money is going towards a new helmet.
I did a lot of babysitting this weekend as well. Five children on Friday, fifty on Saturday. Yeah, you heard me. FIFTY. The Friday night children were good. We watched movies and the little girls texted people with my phone, which is hilarious because neither of them can read. Oh, and the little boys can quote Brian Reagan. The nine-year-old has already read Lord of the Rings and a bunch of books I read in high school. I was fans of them immediately. Saturday was scary. I had to make sure 40-50 kids at a church picnic didn't kill each other on the playground, and I did it by myself. This basically makes me a superhero. Other than a busted lip, everyone was ok.
That night, I helped kidnap Christina for her birthday. Amy and I did it by putting a pillowcase over Christina's head and then pretending to be Russian so she wouldn't guess our identities. We kept this up for an hour as I pretended to be a man, Amy pretended to be my first wife, and Christina was to be my second. Regardless of what Christina says about carsickness or bad accents, I believe that Amy and I make excellent kidnappers. I'll put of pictures later when Lisa lets me back in the room. Maybe.
Then I went with the hall to see Leap Year (again!) and we spent a good hour and a half mooning over Irish men (again!). Excellent.
Alyssa and I watched Quest for Camelot on Sunday. I. LOVE. THAT. MOVIE.
Our hall just watched 500 Days of Summer, which is about a relationship that goes wrong. I also loved this movie, partly because I felt like I could connect with it a little. Except that my movie would be called 1,262 Days of---anyway…
I survive off of peanut butter, which I just ate a lot of a few minutes ago. This could be a very bad thing. Every time I babysit and the parents let me have food, I go for the peanut butter. Not a lot, but a little bit. Note to parents: I am a good babysitter, but you should hide your peanut butter. And I broke lent. I feel kind of bad, but I was hungry and there was food. More than one time.
I just found out an interesting fact. There are actual seeds out there called “rapeseeds”. If I was a seed, I would not want to have this reputation.
Spring Break is in three days. Excellent.
Song of the day: This Too Shall Pass by OK Go. It has two excellent music videos.

Laura, you are welcome to our peanut butter, babcakes. I mean, you may have to ice wrestle Ethy for it but if you're up for the challenge by all means: come on here on Monday @ 6:30. Can't wait. Will put out girly flick for post-bedtime-viewing for ya. xoxo -Your FAVORITE CHARGE'S Mama (hint, hint)
ReplyDelete