Friday, November 19, 2010

Alone in a bathroom

Let's talk for a second about how the last 24 hours have gone. 

We went the Harry Potter midnight premier. There were seven of us, and there would have been seven seats in a row in the theater if one guy had moved down one seat....he turned and looked at us and said, "I like my seat."  The show, however, was superb. 

We started coming up the mountain around 3:30 am. Then Kait got sick all over the front seat, so we had to pull over. Thirty minutes later, I was in car with Amy and Jedidiah Jones, heading back up the mountain, trying my very hardest not to puke.

Fast forward to 7:00 am, when I finally peeled myself out of the bathroom to go to bed because I thought I was feeling better. Fast forward another hour and a half, when I ran back into the bathroom. In fact, the majority of my day has been spent in this lovely room. What does one do in a blandly decorated bathroom for an entire day? 

Several things. 

One looks at bathroom tiles and makes up stories about the characters she sees in them (One story went like this: Once there were two turtles named Myrtle and Mickey. Myrtle liked the color blue. Mickey liked the color pink. One day they decided to come together and make purple, and they were best friends forever. The end.)
 One studies the daisies in the bottom of her puke-bowl. 
One has hallucinations about Harry Potter and how awesome he is (1 1/2 hours of sleep in 24 hours is not enough, folks. Add in dehydration, and things get qurazay!).
 One sings Disney songs to herself. 
One takes the nausea and tries to pretend it is something else, like labor. Then one thinks about how much worse it would be to be in labor, and feels better about her life. 
One receives a phone call from the auto shop and finds out that the work needing to be done to her car is $500 and won't be finished til Monday. What's it matter--one can't pick up her car today anyway. 
One cancels a weekend trip to visit her cousin in Atlanta. 
One gets really ticked at Nurse Barb, who won't give her meds unless she walks all the way up to the office to get them (now, really, Nurse Barb. There's probably a reason I've spent the entire day in the bathroom unable to visit you). 
One dozes on the cold floor. 

There's really a plethora of things to do when one is stuck in the bathroom. 

I think it's about over....I'm sitting up on the computer, only slightly nauseated. And still, it's not been a bad day. I've felt much like an old crazy woman in a nursing home, wrapped up in a blanket singing and talking to herself. 

Whoah. I realized that I just unintentionally dieted for a whole day. 
SCORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment