Thursday, January 21, 2010

Word of the day: babysitting!

At the moment, I am listening to the Men in Tights song. I am not a man. I hate wearing tights. But I would love to do this song on stage.

Tuesday was my best day of the week, I would say. It was the day of children. First of all, I was reunited with my kindergartners and I was OH so happy to see them! Some of them still don't remember my name, but I know they love me...

So, while I was there, I asked Mrs. Cook if any families needed babysitters, and she said she didn't know, but would have the church secretary to send out a church-wide e-mail and she would recommend me. I thought, ok, no biggie...

I found out that afternoon, after responses from four families, that lots of people want babysitters. Bad. I got a job that very night, with the Dupree family. They had five kiddos, possibly the cutest crop of children I've met that all live in one family--and probably one of the most hyper. It was an adventure. Meet the kids: Alexis was about 12, freckles, brown hair, and in love with me. Koelin, roughly 8, long blonde hair, wide blue eyes, and a mouth that didn't close. Ever. Drake was six, dirty blond, and intense. Jack was four, bright blond, HUGE brown eyes, and, well, ...my favorite...and Jonathan was three, curly brown hair and blue eyes and a little TERROR. But a really cute terror. Jonathan was the one sliding everywhere, climbing on furniture, and stealing food behind your back. But if you picked him up, he covered your cheek in kisses...or at least, I think that's what they were...

I had at least four pieces of homemade garlic bread. There was a sword on the table during dinner. Jack stared at his casserole for about 30 minutes, begging not to eat it, then moaning at it softly, before digging in. Koelin and Drake got into a fight over who could talk to me at the dinnertable and they growled like wild animals. Jonathan spilled water three times and ate his casserole with his hands. I kept a switching gluestick in my back pocket, but never used it. We played "mom", and I took them to the zoo in my van, and when we got there, there were at least five different species of dragons, one of which gave us a ride. It only took four or so tries to get the boys to bed, after Jonathan had gone potty twice, one of which times he told us before he had to go, which means he earned two gummy bears. I didn't get the girls to bed until two hours later, after bouts with sleepiness, cut Barbie hair, and ganglion cists.

But I managed to finish my homework!

I get to babysit again tonight too, and the mom sounds super cool. She even has a blog.

Oh, and I found Sarah a job with a family down the mountain! I just gots the hookups now.

So, I found something. I actually like Biology when I get it. Our professors explains things to us in four-year-old terms. Let me explain protein death to you:

Ubiquitin is the death man. When he comes after you, if you are a protein, you better run, for the end is near. If he manages to catch you, he will leave the mark of death upon you, and then drag you to the Proteome Monster, wherein lies the CHAMBER OF HORRORS. Ubiqiutin will throw you in, whereupon you will be EATEN ALIVE. But there is hope! If you have been a good protein, you will be reincarted as a new protein by use of your recycled amino acids! So make sure to say please and thank you and be very nice to everyone you meet before Ubiqiutin can find you. The end.

I am sleep deprived and caffeine high! WOOHOO!!!

Christina cited me as the author of a book today in Tech for Educators. The book was called Why I Chose to Date a Snuggie.

Yesterday I felt like a slug. It was gross. I need to have more dance parties.

We have a previewer coming this weekend. Her name is Emily Basham, and I have unofficially named her Emily Basham-in-the-head :) Brian Peppers wrote her a very sweet note introducing her to the room and informing her that if she didn't smile a lot, he would kick her out of the room. And if he doesn't, I will. Lisa's already contemplating ways to do this, since I will be gone most of the time that Basham-in-the-head is here.

EMILY'S HERE!

Song of the day: I Need Love. But it's ironic because I already am it! Ha. Ha. Ha. Oook....

No comments:

Post a Comment